A perfect sharer is this delicious Thai Coconut Salmon & Rice from stove to table in my Ondine Platine Casserole Pan.
- 20g pack of fresh coriander
- 3 limes
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 90g jar Thai red curry paste
- 500g brown rice
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, fresh or freeze dried
- 6 skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 4 spring onions
- 1 plump red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Finely chop the coriander stalks & grate the zest of one of the limes, set aside. Add both cans of coconut milk into a bowl. Fill one of the empty cans with water & add to coconut milk.
- Heat oil and butter in your pan on a low heat and sizzle the shallots until golden. Add in the curry paste in and cook for another minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the lime zest, coriander stalks, brown rice and a heaped teaspoon of salt, mix altogether. Add the coconut milk over the rice and simmer, stirring occasionally, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Add the lime leaves and leave everything to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Lay the salmon fillets on top and cover. Simmer on a very low heat for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked and the rice is soft. Cook very gently to avoid crunchy rice on the bottom!
- Leave your salmon fillets whole or break up into flakes like I have done. Serve up your rice and salmon with sliced spring onion, coriander & some red chilli.